Intra-Africa GENES Masters and Ph.D Scholarships for Africans, 2018
Intra-Africa GENES Masters and Ph.D Scholarships for Africans, 2018 is currently ongoing. GENES is funded by the Intra-Africa Program of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission.
GENES will foster diversity and gender equity at the workplace. Therefore, women and persons from underprivileged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Type: Offers are available to pursue Masters and Ph.D programme.
Field of study: Scholarships are for study Mobility for plant genomics scholars to accelerate climate-smart adaptation options and food security in Africa / GENES.
- In line with Agreement with Intra-Africa Mobility Scheme of EACEA, the scholarship will cover:
- Round trip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance);
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) }
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period.
To be taken in(Country): Africa
Number Scholarship: Currently, 10 Ph.D and 20 Masters scholarships are available.
Eligible Countries to Apply for Intra-Africa GENES Masters and Ph.D Scholarships for Africans, 2018:
The GENES mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
Target Group 1: This category includes students enrolled (for M.Sc application) or graduated (for Ph.D application) from all partner universities as follows:
- Ebonyi State University; Nigeria
- University of Abomey-Calavi; Benin
- Jimma University; Ethiopia
- University of Yaounde 1
Target Group 2: Students from all African countries
Eligibility for the Intra-Africa GENES Masters and Ph.D Scholarships for Africans, 2018:
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility programme of the EACEA, and
- Register to or have an HEI degree (or equivalent) from one of the HEIs included in the GENES consortium (Target group 1)
- An HEI not in the GENES consortium but establish in an eligible country (Target group 2).
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
- students with one-year post-B.Sc but not yet in any of the Partner HEIs is also eligible to apply. However, mobility will begin in the second year of the study, i.e. sponsorship from GENES will be for research work, only.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level by the University.
How to Apply for the Intra-Africa GENES Masters and Ph.D Scholarships for Africans, 2018:
Applicants should submit complete application and all supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Mr Dennis Okporie, email@example.com, by 30 May 2018. They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for GENES MSc/PhD programme’. Other necessary documents are:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (download from GENES website)
- Student proposal (guidelines available from GENES website)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
Visit Scholarship Webpage Link For More Information.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2018.