Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Program Assistant
Breakthrough Action-Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
The project will require interested and qualified candidates to fill the new position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Advert Code: PAS160818
Reports to: Project Director
- The Program Assistant will provide all required logistics, procurement, administrative and general program support to the Project Director and the senior project technical leads (Deputy Project Directors).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide secretarial and clerical support to the Project Director and the Deputy Directors where necessary;
- In collaboration with the relevant units, coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed;
- Manage project supplies/materials for the signature program areas (FP, TB, Malaria, Nutrition etc.) in the Abuja office and keep inventory of stocks;
- Together with the technical leads, track, harmonize and provide updates on project events to ensure there are no overlaps and ensure the Project Director is aware of all key activities;
- Assist the Project Director to send out routine communication to staff and external stakeholders;
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries (using standard/non-standard databases), retrieve, manipulate and present data efficiently;
- Attend meetings, drafts minutes and ensures timely approval and distribution;
- Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials in English, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills;
- Identify and resolve diverse issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application;
- Proactively reminds the Project Director and technical leads of future project events/meetings and workshops and manage the Project Director’s calendar;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social/Health Sciences, Business Management, Public Administration or related discipline is required.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience carried out related task with donor-funded project is desirable;
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor funded health programs is strongly preferred;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and standard office equipment (scanner, photocopier, printer, projector etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required;
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s as one PDF document. The subject line of your email should be the job title and the advert code e.g “Program Assistant PAS160818” only (Entries with any other title format will be discarded).
Please follow the instructions EXACTLY. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions EXACTLY will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- DO NOT include any additional certificates or documentation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.