Recruitment at GUO Transport Company Limited
GUO Transport Company Limited is a division of G. U. Okeke & Sons Ltd. A household name in the transportation industry and one of the largest provider of intercity and interstate transportation, serving more than 200 destinations across Nigeria and West Africa with a modern, environmentally friendly fleet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervising the repairs and maintenance of vehicles
- Performing pre-trip inspections, logging all defects and arranging for repairs
- Performing all vehicle maintenance reports required
- Communicating with Operations department on availability of vehicles daily
- Review daily driver inspection reports for accuracy and awareness of maintenance issues
- Educate the drivers on the maintaining and the cleanliness of their vehicles
- Ensure drivers are well abreast with all safety equipment and measures they can take to safe guard all assets internally and externally with regards to their vehicles
- Keeping track of vehicle mileage for reporting and for scheduling preventive maintenance
- Ensure that vehicle parts serve their usefulness before being changed
- Follow up and ensure that the necessary repairs/maintenance invoice raised are carried out.
- Ensure drivers adhere to the budgetary constraints of the organization regarding maintenance/repair
- Ensure driver’s maintenance logs are up to date
- Liaise with external engineers/mechanics on all external maintenance to be done
- Any other task assigned.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- First Degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering or a related discipline from a reputable Higher Institution
- Minimum of 6 Years experience
- Good communicator – verbal and written
- Prior experience as a Maintenance Supervisor
- High energy, highly motivated personality
- Should be able to stand and walk for long hours.
- Would frequently use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms while carrying out duties
- Occasionally lift and/or move items
- Working knowledge of automotive mechanics, gas and diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulics, price trends and grades or quality of materials and equipment
- Strong understanding of the hazards and safety precautions common to maintenance and repair activities.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to email using the role you are applying for as the subject of the email.